Do you want to increase the online visibility of your product and reach a larger global audience? If you want to increase sales for your business, you need to convert browsers into shoppers. If you want to take your eCommerce business to the next level, Instagram is an effective tool.
Did you know that you can find out some interesting facts about Instagram if you click on this link?
- Users have shared more than 40 billion photos to date and share an average of 95 million videos and photos in a single day.
- In 2015, Instagram reported having 77.6 million users.
- In 2016, the estimated revenue from Instagram accounts was $1.53 billion in total mobile ad revenue. And, in 2017, it is estimated to bring a revenue of $2.81 billion, as per a report published by eMarketer(Open Link in new window).
- 48.8 percent of brands use Instagram as a marketing tool. By 2017, that percentage is expected to scale up to 70.7 percent, as forecast by eMarketer.
But how does Instagram work for your eCommerce business?
- It involves high-quality and creative images of products that look better and more engaging than generic photos.
- It gives consumers easy, mobile access to online shopping for your products.
- It attracts a larger audience, expands your reach, helps improve brand positioning, and enhances engagement.
- All of the above collectively assist users in their buying decisions, resulting in massive revenue for your business.
Nowadays, companies are not solely relying on Facebook to market their goods and services. Social media marketing campaigns are integrating Instagram to achieve business goals.
Why Advertise on Instagram?
You should use Instagram ads for your eCommerce business for the following reasons. To start, it is helpful to understand how Instagram can work for your eCommerce business and what benefits it can bring. Instagram can be a powerful tool for promoting your brand, reaching new customers, and making sales.
How Does Instagram Work For Your eCommerce Business?
There are two primary ways Instagram works for your eCommerce business:
One way Instagram can help your eCommerce business is by increasing your potential customer base. Reach is the number of people who see your content. If more people see your content, you will likely increase sales.
Connecting with potential customers
Instagram can help connect you with potential customers that you may not have otherwise been able to reach. Instagram can help you connect with potential customers by using hashtags, comments, and direct messages.
The Benefits of Using Instagram Ads to Increase eCommerce Sales
- Brand Awareness: Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users, which gives your eCommerce business the chance to increase its brand awareness on a global scale.
- Reach Potential Customers: Not only does Instagram have a large number of users, but it’s also incredibly effective at reaching potential customers.
- Increase Sales: Ultimately, the goal of any eCommerce business is to increase sales. And luckily, Instagram can help you do just that. By expanding your reach and connecting with potential customers, you’re more likely to increase sales.
- Cost-Effective: Instagram is a cost-effective way to increase eCommerce sales if you’re not getting any.
- Generate leads: Instagram ads can also be used to generate leads. For example, you can use an Instagram ad to drive people to a landing page where they can enter their contact information in exchange for a discount or free shipping on their first purchase.
- Now that we’ve covered some of the benefits of advertising on Instagram, let’s take a look at how you can create successful ads.
What Do You Need To Get Started?
To set up a business account on Instagram, you will need to switch from a personal account. This will allow you to use essential features like Instagram Shopping and Instagram Insights.
To switch to a business account, tap on the three lines in the top-right corner of your profile and then tap “Switch to business profile.” Then, tap “Settings” and scroll down until you see “Switch to Business Profile.” Once you’ve switched to a business account, you can start creating ads.
Choose an objective
Before you can create an ad on Instagram, you will need to decide what your advertising goals are. The goal you have for your ad will affect what type of ad you make and where it will be seen. This type of ad would be shown in the News Feed. You may want to create an ad that appears in the Shopping section if you are trying to increase sales.
Create an ad
After you have picked your goal, you will need to make your advertisement. To list your business on Google, you need to provide some basic information, such as your website URL and a description of your products or services. You will need to decide on how much money you want to spend on your ad and when you would like it to start running.
We’ll share some tips for creating Instagram ads later in this post!
Launch your ad
When you have designed your advert, you can then circulate it. Your ad will be shown to people who are most likely to be interested in your products or services. You can track the performance of your ad by using Instagram insights.
Track your ad’s performance
Ad performance can be tracked to see how well it is doing and what changes (if any) need to be made. If your ad does not have a lot of views, you might want to spend more money on it or change the image. Watch for key metrics like reach, impressions, and clicks.
How to Boost eCommerce Sales with Instagram
If you want to attract more customers and build a stronger brand, using Instagram is a good solution. Instagram can help you reach more people and turn passive shoppers into active customers. There are nine easy steps that you can follow in order to use Instagram to drive sales for your business.
Switch Your Personal Instagram Account to a Business Account
Instagram is adding business profiles to its platform. To start an Instagram marketing campaign, you must first convert your account to a business account. The new Instagram Shopping feature lets you create a professional-looking profile and pull your contact information from Facebook. Meanwhile, shoppable links from Instagram are retained. This feature also allows you to see how many people have seen and clicked on your posts every week.
You can easily convert your personal Instagram account to a business account. To do so, follow these three steps:
- Go to your account settings, and click on the option to “Switch to Business Profile.”
- Log into your Facebook account within the app, but make sure you have admin rights on that Facebook page. You will be asked to select the Facebook page you want your business page to be connected with.
- Once you have selected the Facebook page, you will be asked to pull at least one piece of contact information for your Instagram business page. It can be a customer service phone number or an email address.
Use Tools for Selling with Instagram
You can use the three following effective selling tools to make sales on Instagram.
Creating a Clickable Storefront
With selling software tools, you can turn a single link into a storefront that shows all your products, making it easier to sell your brand. A popular tool like Yotpo helps you connect multiple products with a single image. Now with your bio link, a shopper can visit a store and purchase items directly from your bio, making shopping easy.
You can use hashtags to sell products on Instagram by using them to promote your product and generate interest. Inselly is a handy way to do this. A similar approach to the storefront link method is available with the #Inselly hashtag feature in the software. The app Insel allows users to purchase products easily through Instagram by marking them as buyable items.
Use Visually Appealing Photos
To increase your brand’s value, make sure your content is engaging and visually appealing. Posting images is a great way to do this.
Make sure to use an image that is 1080 x 1080 pixels for your Instagram posts, and keep your captions to 2200 characters or less.
If you watermark images with your domain name, it will increase traffic to your online store and encourage users to visit your site. This will make users feel like they are not being forced to buy from you, but they will know where to find more information about your business if they see your image. The image has a watermark that tells users where they can go to find more information.
When you post an image on Instagram, it is automatically cropped into a square. When choosing a domain name, be sure to choose one that will be easy for people to remember.
Round off your post with catch captions. Your post will be more effective if you include a strong, interesting, and attention-grabbing caption.
Know Your Target Audience
You need to understand your target audience before you create an advertisement. If you don’t know who you’re trying to reach, you won’t be able to create an ad that appeals to them. You should keep your target audience in mind when creating an ad, and tailor the ad to them.
You can use Instagram Insights to learn more about your target audience. Instagram insights is a great way to see how many people follow you, and to get some information about them. Creating ads that resonates with your target audience can be achieved by first identifying and understanding who they are.
Creating successful Instagram ads doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some tips that will help you increase your eCommerce sales.
Showcase Your Customers by Posting User-Generated Content
Encourage your users to create content for you. Can you get your customers to share pictures of the products they have bought from your store? If so, can you post these pictures on your account? Other users will be more likely to buy from you if you have good ratings. Use of referral marketing techniques can lead to increased sales. Many online fashion retailers are using social media as a promotional tool for their businesses.
Use Hashtag Research to Increase Your Reach
You need to post great images on Instagram if you want to achieve your marketing goals. Every image needs to be supported by relevant hashtags. If you want to get noticed on Instagram, you need to use hashtags. Hashtags allow Instagram to categorize different types of images and products. If you use hashtags that are relevant to your product, more people in your target audience will see it. Hashtags can help or hurt your social media strategy depending on how you use them. If you use too many hashtags, or use irrelevant ones, it can damage your strategy.
Hashtags also help other people on social media platforms find your profile more easily. If you share your Instagram content on Facebook, the hashtags will be published on Facebook as well. If you use hashtags in your content, it increases the likelihood that people searching for those hashtags on Facebook will find your content.
Keep your ad copy short and sweet
When writing ad copy, less is more. You should write a short, concise copy that clearly explains what you’re offering. This will ensure that potential customers understand what you’re offering and are more likely to purchase your product or service. Make sure your text includes a call-to-action so that readers know what to do next.
Run A/B tests
You can test which ad is performing better by running an A/B test. An A/B test is used to compare two similar ads by showing each ad to a different group of people. After a period of time, you can compare the performance of each advertisement to see which one was more successful.
Use Catchy Videos
Videos can help increase conversions on Instagram. They are effective in driving traffic to your store because they are eye-catching, engaging, and informative.
Connect with Micro-Influencers
Micro-influencers can help increase conversions on Instagram by promoting your product or service to their followers. Micro-influencers have a smaller but more engaged following than most people and are seen as more credible and trustworthy by their followers.
THE PROBLEM: YOUR BUSINESS ISN’T GROWING AS FAST AS IT SHOULD!
Your sales have stagnated or decreased, and you can’t figure out why. Discover what’s holding you back from achieving predictable sales growth in your business.
If you want to grow your business, you need a proven plan and framework. That’s what you get with the 2X Your Sales Discovery Session.
Want to learn about a formula for Predictable Growth that will put your business on a 90-day path to 2X Your Sales?