Organic traffic is the lifeblood of any website. It’s what allows us to continue providing our services. How can we generate organic traffic and leads with SEO? SEO is a great way to increase organic traffic and generate leads.
But what exactly is SEO? What are some ways we can generate organic traffic and leads through SEO?
SEO is a process that is aimed at improving a websites ranking on search engine results pages. If your site has a higher ranking, you will get more traffic. It’s really that simple.
But just because it’s simple doesn’t mean it’s easy. Although it can be difficult, SEO is a beneficial skill to learn, especially if you are just starting out. But don’t worry, we’re here to help.
This article covers how to generate traffic and leads organically through SEO practices. We want to help you get started by sharing some valuable tips and resources.
1. Define a Keyword List
It is not logical to think that you will be number one on Google for every word associated with your field. Your goal should be to get your most desired keywords to rank high on organic searches. Both marketing and management will need to put in some effort for this exercise. After you’ve considered how people might search for your products and services, make a list of potential keywords. You can then check the traffic and competition for each term using a tool like Ahrefs, Semrush, BrightEdge, or Google’s Keyword Planner. The ideal situation for keywords is high volume and low to medium competition. This indicates that the keywords have high traffic potential and are easier to rank for. You can learn how customers talk about your products by using AI-powered conversation analytics tools, such as Signal Discovery.
2. Target Keywords That Match Intent
The goal is to match your keywords to what people are looking for when they search. There are 3 main types of search intent according to Google:
- Informational: This kind of query indicates that the searcher wishes to get information, guidance, or how-to content about a topic. An example of an informational query is “How to change a tire”
- Transactional: This kind of query indicates that the searcher wishes to make a purchase. An example of a transactional query is “buy new tires”
- Navigational: This kind of query indicates that the searcher wants to visit a specific site or find a specific vendor. An example of a navigational query would be “Monro tires”
THe key is to figure out what type of intent each keyword is trying to communicate and then create content that would satisfy that need. You would create a comprehensive article with images showing the task of how to change a tire if someone searched how to change a tire. If someone searched for “buy new tires”, you would create a product page that gives them reviews, product specifics, an online shopping cart, and anything else they need to make a purchase.
3. Build Links
SEO and lead generation go hand-in-hand. The more effective your SEO, the greater the chance you have of generating leads. Building links is one of the best ways you can improve your website’s SEO.
Creating links can be challenging, but it is definitely worth it. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Find relevant directories and submit your site. This will help improve your visibility and increase traffic.
- Reach out to other bloggers and ask for guest posting opportunities. This is a great way to get your name and your site out there.
- Make sure your site is active on social media. This will help create backlinks as well as getting people to your site.
- Use keywords in your anchor text. This will help improve your SEO and increase your chances of ranking higher in the search engines.
It can take a while and be frustrating to try to improve your website ranking through building links, but it is definitely worth it. Doing this can not only help with your search engine optimization, but also generate new leads.
4. Create Informative and Engaging Content
When it comes to SEO, engaging content is key. Not only does it need to be informative and keyword-rich, but it also needs to be engaging enough to keep readers on your website. The purpose of earning a high ranking on search engines is defeated if readers do not stay to read the content.
Creating content that is engaging and optimised for search engines does not have to be difficult. You can come up with content that is both appealing to readers and search engines by putting in a little effort and creativity. Here are a few tips:
- Write headlines that pack a punch. Your headline is the first thing that people will see when they find your article, so make sure it’s something catchy and attention-grabbing. A great headline will make people want to click through and read your content.
- Use strong SEO keywords. SEO keywords are the words and phrases that people use when they search for information online. By incorporating these keywords into your content, you can help ensure that your website comes up in the search results. However, be sure to use them sparingly and naturally – stuffiing your content full of keywords will not only turn off readers but also get you penalized by Google.
- Write compelling meta descriptions. Meta descriptions are the brief summaries that appear under your article’s title in the search results. They’re designed to give readers a snapshot of what your article is about and entice them to click through. So make sure your meta descriptions are interesting and informative.
- Use eye-catching images. People are visual creatures, so incorporating images into your content can help make it more engaging. Just be sure to use high-quality images that are relevant to your topic.
- Break up your text with headlines and bullet points. No one likes huge blocks of text – they’re daunting and difficult to read. So break up your article into smaller paragraphs with headlines and bullet points. This will make it more digestible for readers and also help keep them engaged.
- Write interesting and unique content. Last but not least, it’s important to make sure your content is interesting and unique. No one wants to read the same old thing over and over again. So put your own spin on things and offer something fresh and new.
5. Refresh Old Content for a Boost
One of Google’s most important ranking factors is how recently your content was published. The fresher your content is, the better chance you have of ranking high in the search results.
To keep your site ranking well, check if your old content is decaying – especially blog posts that have dates on them. This can be done by using Google Search Console and checking which pages have lost clicks, impressions, or rankings. First, identify which of your posts are losing traffic. Then, prioritize those posts and update them accordingly.
If you want to update an old post, simply changing the date won’t do much to help Google’s ranking. You need to make significant changes to the copy to ensure that it’s still relevant. Check out your competitors to see what topics they are covering that you may have missed. This will help improve your content.
6. Optimize Your Page Titles
7. Optimize Your Website for Mobile
Do you want to Optimize your website for mobiles for better SEO results? Search engines take mobile compatibility into account when ranking websites, so it’s important to make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices. In a recent study by Google, it was found that 61% of users are more likely to contact a business if they have a mobile-friendly website.
If you want to improve your SEO and lead generation, it’s important to make sure your website is responsive so it can be viewed on mobile devices. This article provides tips on how to improve your website’s mobile SEO.
- Use responsive design: Responsive design is a must for any modern website. It allows your website to adjust its layout and content according to the device it’s being viewed on. This is important for SEO because it ensures that your website can be crawled and indexed properly by search engines.
- Use mobile-friendly content: In addition to using responsive design, you also need to make sure your website’s content is optimized for mobile devices. This means using short, concise paragraphs and sentences. It also means using larger font sizes and making sure your content is easy to navigate on a small screen.
- Optimize your images: Images are another important factor to consider when optimizing your website for mobile devices. Make sure your images are of good quality and that they’re properly sized for a mobile screen. This will help to ensure that your website loads quickly on all devices.
- Use accelerated mobile pages: Accelerated mobile pages (AMP) are a type of HTML that allows your website to load faster on mobile devices. This is important for SEO because it can help improve your website’s page speed, which is a ranking factor for search engines.
8. Adhere to Google’s E-A-T Guidelines
EAT is one of the most important factors to consider when trying to gauge the quality of a page, according to Google. Here’s the breakdown of what the acronym means:
This is done by including detailed titles on each page, and publishing informative and original content regularly. If you want your website to be seen as an expert in your field by Google, you need to have detailed titles on each page, and publish original and informative content regularly. This is especially important for the medical, financial, and legal industries. To be seen as an expert, make sure the information you provide is clear and accurate, and that you cite reputable sources in your content.
Authoritativeness: Show off your authority. Credentials, positive reviews, and customer testimonials can all demonstrate the quality of something. You can highlight this information throughout your website.
Trustworthiness: Make sure users feel safe on your site. It is important that your website uses HTTPS and has an SSL certificate if you accept any online payments. Google does not explicitly state that they prefer secure domains, but studies have shown that these types of sites are ranked more highly. 75% of first-page Google results have an SSL certificate.
In addition to the tips above, you can ensure EAT compliance with these best practices:
- Include author bios if you have a blog and be sure to mention any credentials that demonstrate the author’s expertise
- Go after high-quality backlinks and disavow spammy backlinks
- Make sure your website has accurate information on your About, Contact, and Customer Service pages
- Guarantee that all content directly related to your visitors’ money or life (think financial advice or medical information) is written by qualified experts
- Cut or edit low-quality EAT content
9. Benchmark Your Competitors Performance
If you want to stay ahead of the competition, you need to know what they are up to. In order to improve their SEO, businesses need to analyze their performance.
By optimizing your website for search engines, you can attract more leads and generate more sales. You can learn about your competitor’s SEO performance by tracking how much traffic they get from organic search results.
SEMrush is our favorite tool for this. The SEMrush tool enables you to view your competitor’s traffic from organic search, their ranking keywords, and where they rank on SERPs.
This information is precious for gaining an insight into your competitors’ SEO strategy and for working out your own SEO plans. If you are not using SEO lead generation to track your competitors, it is time to start.
THE PROBLEM: YOUR BUSINESS ISN’T GROWING AS FAST AS IT SHOULD!
Your sales have stagnated or decreased, and you cannot figure out why. Discover what is holding you back from achieving predictable sales growth in your business.
If you want to grow your business, you need a proven plan and framework. That is what you get with the 2X Your Sales Discovery Session.
Want to learn about a formula for Predictable Growth that will put your business on a 90-day path to 2X Your Sales?